Your Privacy is important to us!
myKiids takes the protection of its Users’ personal data seriously. We want to help build connections between families and make the world more open and inclusive. We are a community built on trust. A fundamental part of earning that trust means being clear about how we use your information and protecting your human right to privacy.
1. General Information
1.1. Controller within the meaning of the GDPR of this website is myKiids, Carrer de Gravador Esteve, 46004 València, Spain (“mK“, “we“ or “us“).
1.2. If you have any questions regarding the protection of personal data, you may contact our Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
2. Personal Information We Collect
2.1. We collect personal information about you when you use the myKiids Platform.
Without it, we may not be able to provide all services requested. When you access and use our website via the terminal device you use (this may be your computer, your mobile phone or a comparable internet-enabled terminal device), we process personal data automatically. This information includes:
- the IP address currently used by your terminal device,
- date and time when the website was accessed,
- the browser type and the operating system of your terminal device;
- the initial website from which you accessed our website and
- the sub-pages visited on our website.
Contact Information, Account, Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use.
Identity Verification and Payment Information. Such as images of your government issued ID (as permitted by applicable laws), your ID number or other verification information, bank account or payment account information. If you are not a myKiids user, we may receive payment information relating to you, such as when a myKiids user provides your payment card to complete a booking. If a copy of your ID is provided to us, we may scan, use, and store information contained in your ID to verify your identity.
2.2. Processing the IP address
2.3. Information you choose to give us.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
Additional Profile Information. Such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible.
Address Book Contact Information. Address book contacts you import or enter manually.
Other Information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team and other Members, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
2.4 Information Automatically Collected by Using the myKiids platform and our Payment services
When you use our platform and payment services, we automatically collect personal information. This information may include:
Geo-location information: Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings. We may also collect this information when you’re not using our service if you enable this through your settings or device permissions.
Usage Information: Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other action on the myKiids Platform.
Log Data and Device Information: Such as details about how you’ve used the myKiids Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the myKiids Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created a myKiids account or logged in.
Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address, and other related transaction details.
2.5 Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:
Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to the myKiids Platform with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, etc), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
Background Information. For Members in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may obtain, for example, reports of criminal records, sex offender registrations, and other information about you and/or your background. For Members outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, we may obtain the local version of police, background, or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as references, demographic data, or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the myKiids Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to, health information related to contagious diseases.
3. How we use Information We Collect
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the myKiids Platform. Such as to:
- enable you to access the myKiids Platform and make and receive payments,
- enable you to communicate with other members,
- process your request,
- perform analytics, debug and conduct research,
- provide customer service, training,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the myKiids Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit, and
- enable your use of our enterprise products.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks,
- comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our Trainers, Hosts, Hosts’ employees, and members of the public,
- enforce our agreements with third parties,
- comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm, and protect our rights
- enforce our Terms and other policies
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
For example to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by myKiids or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
4. Sharing & Disclosure
4.1 Sharing With Your Consent or at Your Direction.
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your myKiids account or participating in promotional activities by myKiids partners or third parties.
Where permissible under applicable law, we may use certain information about you such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms to generate leads, drive traffic to myKiids, or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information.
4.3 Information You Publish in Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, first name (or initials where applicable), description, and city.
- Listing pages that include information such as the Place, Event or Experience’s approximate or precise location description, calendar availability, profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and additional information you choose to share.
- Reviews, ratings, and other public feedback.
- Content in a community or discussion forum, blog, or social media post.
We may display parts of your public profile and other Content you make available to the public like Listing details on third-party sites, platforms, and apps.
Information you share publicly on the myKiids Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your account settings.
4.4 Complying with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protecting our Rights.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) comply with a valid legal request (such as a subpoena or court order) or to respond to claims asserted against myKiids, (iii) respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability, (iv) enforce and administer our agreements with Members, including our Terms, Additional Legal Terms, and Policies, or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of myKiids, its employees, its Members, or members of the public. For example, if permitted due to the foregoing circumstances, Host tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
4.5 Service Providers.
We share personal information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to help us run our business and for their compliance purposes, including service providers that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the myKiids Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or similar claims. These providers are contractually bound to protect your personal information and have access to your personal information to perform these tasks.
4.6 Business Transfers.
5.1. To enable the website to function properly, we use technically necessary Cookies, for example to store language settings and log-in information. The legal basis for the processing of technically necessary Cookies is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f) GDPR. The functionality of our website is a legitimate interest.
5.2. We use analysis Cookies that allow us to track your use of our website, e.g. which third-party website you came from, which sub-pages of our website you visit and which links you clicked on and how often. The data collected about you in this way is pseudonymised by us through technical precautions. After pseudonymization, direct assignment of the data to the User is no longer possible. The data will not be stored together with other personal data. The use of analysis Cookies serves to improve our website and the content offered there. By accepting our “Cookie banner”, you consent to the processing of your personal data through analysis Cookies. These personal data are processed on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a) GDPR. We use the following analysis Cookies:
5.3. For advertising purposes we use advertising Cookies of third parties. These Cookies enable us to tailor advertisements displayed in your browser to your interests on the basis of your browsing behavior.
- We use Google AdWords with Google Conversion Tracking. This is a service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”). Google AdWords is used to display HD pages on Google in the advertising space area. When you access our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords places a cookie on your device (“Conversion Cookie”). This cookie expires after 30 days. It will not be used for personal identification. If the cookie has not expired when you visit certain pages, we and Google can see that someone clicked on the ad and was directed to our site. Each AdWords customer receives a different cookie. As a result, cookies cannot be traced through the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected by the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. AdWords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were directed to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, we will not receive any information that personally identifies you. If you do not wish to participate in the tracking process, you can decline to set a required cookie – for example, with a browser setting that generally disables the automatic setting of cookies. You can also deactivate cookies by setting your browser to block cookies from the “googleadservices.com” domain.
The data collected about you through advertising Cookies is pseudonymised by us through technical precautions. After pseudonymization, direct assignment of the data to the User is no longer possible. By accepting our “Cookie banner”, you consent to the processing of your personal data through advertising Cookies. These personal data are processed on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a) GDPR.
You can contact us through various channels:
6.1. You can use the contact form on our website to contact us for a request. The personal data you enter in the contact form (your first and last name, your e-mail address and details of the nature of your request are required) will only be processed for the purpose of responding to your enquiry and only if you have clicked on the “Send” button. Your IP address and the time of sending your request will also be stored. Processing is carried out on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a) GDPR.
6.2. You can also contact us by telephone or e-mail. In this respect, too, only the personal data required to respond to your enquiry will be processed. Processing is carried out on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a) GDPR.
6.3. You can object to the storage of your data at any time, for example by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case, however, further processing of your request is not possible. Furthermore, the revocation has no effect on the legality of the processing of your data until then.
7. Social Media
7.1. We use social plugins from the following social networks:
- Facebook; Instagram (operated by: Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA and Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland);
- Twitter (operator: Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA);
- Google (operated by: Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA).
7.2. To protect your personal data, we use the so-called “two-click solution”, which ensures that the data transfer via the social plugins to the corresponding operator of the social network only takes place after you have activated the social plugin beforehand. Social plugins are initially disabled and do not connect to social networking sites without activation. If you activate one of these plugins, you agree that your personal data described in this section will be transferred to the social network. In this case, the transfer of personal data is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter a) GDPR.
7.3. If you activate the deactivated social plugins by default, a connection to the servers of the social network is established. Each social plugin then transfers data to the respective social network. We have no influence on the amount of data that the respective social network collects with the help of the social plugin. As far as we know, social networks receive information about which of our websites you have visited currently and earlier. With each activated social plugin, a Cookie with a unique identifier is set each time the respective website is accessed. In this way, the social network can create a profile of your usage behavior. It cannot be ruled out that such a profile can be assigned to you, even if you log on to the social network for the first time at a later time.
7.4. If you are already logged into a social network when you visit our websites, the operator of this social network can assign the visit to your personal account as soon as you activate the social plug-ins. When using social plugin functions (e.g. “Like” button, comment or “Tweets”), the information is transmitted directly from your browser to the corresponding social network and stored there. The same applies to calling up a website of a social network by clicking on the corresponding icon button.
7.5. If you are not a member of a social network, social networks may obtain and store your IP address and information about the browser and operating system you are using even after you activate the social plug-ins. The scope and purpose of the collection, processing and use of data by social networks as well as information on rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection information of the respective social network.
7.6. Our website also contains simple links to Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. In this case a data transfer to the mentioned social networks only takes place if the corresponding icon button (e.g. the “f” of Facebook or the bird symbol of Twitter) is clicked. Clicking on such a button opens a page of the corresponding social network in a popup window.
8. Data Security
We use technical and organizational measures to ensure that User‘s personal data are protected against loss, incorrect changes or unauthorized access by third parties. To ensure secure data transmission, the transmission of data is done exclusively via “Secure Socket Layer (SSL)”.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Your Rights
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. See here for information on data subject rights requests and how to submit a request. We may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request. As a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR, you are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to obtain information on data processing and a copy of the data processed (right of access, Article 15 GDPR),
- the right to request the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data (right of rectification, Article 16 GDPR),
- the right to request the deletion of personal data and, if the personal data have been published, the information to other data controllers on the request for deletion (right of erasure, Article 17 GDPR),
- the right to request the restriction of data processing (right to restriction of processing, Art. 18 GDPR),
- the right to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transfer of such data to another controller (right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR),
- the right to object to data processing in order to prevent it (right of objection, Article 21 GDPR),
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time in order to prevent the processing of data based on your consent. The withdrawal has no influence on the legality of the processing on the basis of the consent before the withdrawal (right of revocation, Article 7 GDPR) as well as
- the right to object to certain data processing measures (Article 21 GDPR).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that data processing infringes the GDPR (right of appeal to a supervisory authority, Article 77 GDPR).
9.1. Managing Your Information
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. If you connected your myKiids Account to a third-party service, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
9.2. Data Access and Portability
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we handle your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
11. Links to other Sites
Last Update: January 2022